Promotion and High School Graduation Requirements
High School Graduation Requirements
General Promotion Guidelines:
Promotion from grade to grade should be based on credits earned:
- Promotion to 10th grade – 5 credits
- Promotion to 11th grade – 11 credits
- Promotion to 12th grade -17.5 credit or sufficient number of credits to reach 23.5 by the end of 12th grade
A passing grade at the high school level is described as a D or higher (60 or higher).
General Graduation Guidelines:
Grade 12 students shall graduate if he/she has earned a total of 23.5 credits, which include:
- 4 in English
- 3 in Mathematics
- 3 in Science
- 3 in Social Studies
- 1 in African American History
- 2 in World Language
- 2 in Arts and Humanities
- 1 in Physical Education
- 0.5 in Health
- 4 in electives
* One elective must be one of the following: Mathematics, Science, International Baccalaureate or Advanced Placement courses. Special admission schools and other criteria-based schools or programs may predetermine the electives that require additional subject area credits in math, science or others.
* Completed a Multidisciplinary Project or a Service Learning Project successfully.